Sunday, January 10, 2010

How to organize your decorating ideas the easy way!




Very very simple: join Houzz  and create an ideabook.  I love LOVE this site!  I spend (literally) hours searching for home inspiration.  We just built a cookie-cutter house with very basic features.  Now we're beginning the process of making it our own--adding that personal touch.  I love vintage, the hubs loves rich, earthy textures and large pieces of furniture (can't blame him- he's 6'2"!)  There are some beautiful photos on Houzz, and I have loads of ideas in my ideabook.

Check this nursery:

How gorgeous would that be for a little boy's room? (sigh)
Those shelves are on my to-do list for spring.  I love making things from old doors and windows!

and this little dollhouse bookcase will be perfect in Binks' nursery.  She doesn't have any shelving for her little books or lovies yet!

 

Speaking of Binks' nursery, wait until you see the ideas I'm working on for her room.  I just ordered this bedding set from Target.  I love it!  It reminds of me of the infamous Brooke collection from PBK (but a lot more budget friendly).  I see little hedgie and owl pillows, a tree branch mobile with little birdies, and a giant wall-mounted padded tree with moveable animal friends in my future! (check back in the next few weeks for progress reports!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails