Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Party Planning: the birthday banner

 

Party Planning part two: the birthday banner
It might just be me, but I think that every birthday party MUST have a birthday banner.  Something big that makes the birthday girl or boy feel extra special.  For Boo's banner I wanted something cheery, springy, pink & orange, and fairly quick and easy.  Ok, maybe I didn't quite conquer the quick, nor the easy, but if I had a Cricut it would have been!  But I don't, so we had to handcut the scalloped circles and the letters by hand.  (Thank heavens I have a helpful hubs!)
Paper is the new Flower Shower Spring Stack and I LURVE it!  I haven't scrapbooked much in years, but I still see stars over beautiful paper.  This stack is just awesome!  It brings back memories of childhood, with rainbows, stars,  and bright colors (think Rainbow Brite and Care Bears ladies!)  And because I do not YET have a Cricut (it was either that or a new house...go figure I chose the latter) I downloaded this awesome dingbat font for my scalloped circles!  I'm in love with it!  I used either "a" or uppercase "x" for my template...can't remember.  Then I painstakingly traced and cut out the letters.  Can't ever go easy now, can you Jill?  A few hole punches later I threaded it all on a ribbon and ta-da!  A great b-day banner for the bestest almost-two-year-old I know. 


...stay tuned for more party planning ideas!

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I never gave much thought to Birthday Banners before, but you have convinced me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Featured your banner over at www.polkadotbirthday.com today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopped over from The Two Savvy Sisters Blog and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and I hope you’ll do the same.

    Nicole @ TheTwoSavvySisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails