Saturday, March 13, 2010

Crack of the week: Caramel apple salad

I love caramel apples!  Especially with nuts on them.  It's one of those delicious treats that I only make once a year, although I wish I did it a lot more!  Have you ever bought those ridiculously overpriced apples from a candy store?  My favorite kind, with white chocolate and oreos, is upwards of $6.00!  Crazy.  
Tonight I wanted an apple salad.  I broke away from my stand-by waldorf variety and went with something new!  What could be better than a caramel apple that's not only easy, but GOOD for you?  This also makes a great potluck dish!
Caramel Apple Salad 
 -4 apples, diced 
-1/2 cup peanuts (unsalted is best)
-1/2 cup golden raisins (these are optional, but I like the texture they give.  You could also use regular raisins)
-2 Tbsp caramel sundae topping, plus extra to drizzle on top
-3/4 tub of frozen whipped topping, thawed (We use fat-free to make it not-so-terrible!) 

Combine first four ingredients in large bowl and mix together.  Fold in whipped topping, then drizzle extra caramel sauce over the top!  Mmmm!

 



1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails